Before you consider paying to take PRINCE2® training, you need to weigh the pros and cons of getting a PRINCE2® certification. Naturally, having a PRINCE2® certification offers you a number of advantages both in your individual career as well as to your business!
Advance Your Career: Many people can improve their career prospects by earning a PRINCE2® certification. Their resume becomes good looking and can set them apart from other applicants for a project management position.
Salary Increase: Obtaining PRINCE2® certification can also increase your income. According to Indeed.co.uk in 2019, the salary for jobs in the UK requiring PRINCE2® is between £30,000 and £75,000.
Improve your skills: By learning PRINCE2®, for example by taking PRINCE2® training, you can acquire a number of important project management skills. These skills will allow you to participate in or manage projects within your company.
Increases confidence: Like learning something new or getting a new certification, your PRINCE2® knowledge can boost your confidence and competence on the job. This is because you will have a wider and deeper understanding of project management than before.
- Best Practices: PRINCE2® is based on best practices in project management. It is a proven process-based approach to project management. Its adoption prevents the organization from having to reinvent its own development wheel in project management.
- Generic Methodology: PRINCE2® is a generic methodology for project management. It can be used for any project and in any industry or sector.
- Communication: The use of PRINCE2® promotes better communication between project team members and stakeholders by providing them with a common vocabulary to use in their projects.
- Accountability: By defining the roles and responsibilities of the project, it makes the members of the project management team accountable to each other.
- Targeted Results: PRINCE2® focuses on what a project delivers and how those results (or deliverables) will benefit the organization, for example by making operational improvements.
- Adaptability: PRINCE2® is adjustable and fully interchangeable. As such, it can be tailored to meet the needs of each project in an organization.
- Save time for senior managers: One of the fundamental principles of PRINCE2® is that projects should be managed by senior managers. It does not require frequent progress meetings. Instead, decision making in PRINCE2® relies on reporting, saving busy senior managers time.
- Benefit-oriented: Decision making in PRINCE2® is based on the ability of the project to achieve the expected benefits. Thus, it prevents a project from becoming an end in itself.
- Stakeholder involvement: The PRINCE2® methodology encourages stakeholder participation in project decision making.
- Continuous Improvement: Adopting PRINCE2® enables an organization to continually improve its project management by reporting on lessons learned and basing all plans on the assessment and analysis of appropriate integration of previous lessons.
- Consistency: PRINCE2® uses a common language. This helps promote consistency and reuse of project assets in other projects.
Thus, PRINCE2® Training followed by a certification course is a must for every Project Manager to not just improve their own career aspects but also slingshot the strength of their organizations!