Adding window sills makes your house look attractive and clean and protects your walls from leakage and breakage. People even put flower pots, lamps, and books on the window sill, making your place look cozy and mesmerizing. You will find extensive selections of window sills along with different materials.
However, when you choose a sill, it should complement your window. So look at the sill’s color, material, durability, and quantity. And that is why, to help you in selecting the best window sills for your place, here is a list of different types of sills. So go through this guide and learn what options you have.
Types of Window Sill
PVC window sill
Most urban residences use plastic window sills made of the same material as window profiles. The PVC window sill profiles are the air chambers that bolster the design while retaining their original strength. PVC window sill offers you several benefits such as-
- It is moisture and sunshine-resistant.
- Serves you in the long term because of its waterproof feature
- It can last you more than 30 to 50 years.’
- You can easily remove it in the future.
- The prices are pretty affordable and offer you strength and durability.
Wooden window sills
Before the introduction of PVC, wooden sills were in high demand. But the fact is wooden window sills are still in demand. These natural styles in black and natural wood windows still provide your house with more of a contemporary and traditional look.
However, it is crucial to figure out which wood the window sill should be constructed before you opt for wooden window sills. You have options like Oak, maple, chestnut, ash, etc. There is pine and Siberian also available, which are relatively less expensive. Therefore, a wooden window sill offers you several advantages like-
- The material used in the wooden window sill is environmentally friendly.
- They are sustainable if proper care is taken.
- It offers your house an aesthetic look and makes it more appealing.
MDF window sills
MDF window sills are made up using leftover wood chirping glued with resin. These sills stimulate the natural surface. Besides, MDF sills are waterproof, so it doesn’t rust your wooden furniture and prevents your house from leakage and swelling. Window sills made up of these materials are durable and moisture resistant. However, by using an MDF window sill, you receive enormous advantages such as-
- These window sills are pocket friendly.
- Maintaining these sills is quite handy.
- It comes with a simple installation process.
- You can buy MDF window sills in different forms and colors.
Artificial stone window sills
Synthetic stone is an excellent alternative to natural stone. Artificial stone is identical to natural stone and has the same physical and aesthetical attributes. These artificial stones are made up of mineral filler and polymer resins. It also includes dye to provide different colors. These stones’ features are similar to natural ones, but certain things make them an even better choice.
- The material used in artificial stones has a high viscosity that eliminates the chances of cracks.
- Working with artificial stones takes less time, and the weight is minimally less.
- Artificial stones come in a wide range of colors.
- These window sills don’t require high maintenance.
These window sills are essential in making your house look cozy and protected. In addition, you will find these sills perfect for protecting your windows from mold and decay in the long term.