More people are buying luxury apartments in southern Europe than ever before and there are several reasons for this; sky-high prices in their current locations, working online and a desire to escape the freezing winter are just some of the variables that account for the rise in popularity of foreign apartments. If you are interested in buying a luxury apartment, there are a few costs that you need to consider.
- Legal Costs – Regardless of the location, there will be legal fees and most law firms offer fixed fee conveyancing, which allows you to budget. Every country has its own unique set of complex land and property laws and when buying abroad, it is essential to engage the services of a local real estate lawyer. They can handle all the legalities on your behalf, plus they keep you informed at every stage of the process.
- Real Estate Agent Services Are Free For The Buyer-This is certainly good news for the buyer. The agent receives either a commission or flat fee from the seller, so if you use the services of luxury real estate agents Estepona Spain or your preferred location are offering, you won’t have any agency fees to pay when you find your dream apartment.
- Stamp Duty – There might be an equivalent to this when you buy property abroad; most governments want their slice when property changes hands. Talk to a local real estate agent, who would know what the situation is.
- Relocation Expenses – Of course, you will incur expenses when you move into your dream home. Add to this the cost of buying fixtures and fittings, which is always essential when moving into a new house.
- Cost Of The Unit– Obviously, you have to pay for the luxury apartment, which might be in the form of a deposit, or you might be taking out a mortgage. You can make an offer if you think the asking price is too high and it is then up to the seller to consider your offer. There are Estepona luxury townhouses for sale from a leading real estate agent where the best properties are listed. A Google search would also lead you to other enticing locations.
It is important that you calculate all the costs related to buying a luxury apartment before you start looking at units; only then can you budget correctly. Many professionals are unable to buy real estate, due to the sky-high costs and they are looking further south to Spain or Portugal, where luxury apartments are actually affordable.
Why not escape the harsh climate in your country by investing in a luxury apartment in sunny Spain? The 5-star properties are very affordable on the Costa Del Sol; do a Google search and check out the many real estate agent platforms where you can browse luxury apartments and pool villas and when you find something of interest, book a flight and have a private viewing.
Now is the best time to make that investment for a second home and places like Marbella offer the best deals for luxury apartments.
Leave a comment